Rotarians are business and professional leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community that the club serves.
Rotarians are members of Rotary clubs. Rotary clubs belong to Rotary International. To become a Rotarian, you must be invited to join a Rotary club by a member of that club.
A qualified candidate for Rotary club membership is an adult of good character and good business, professional, or community reputation. The candidate fits the following criteria:
- Works or lives within Rossmoor or within a city/unincorporated area immediately adjacent to Walnut Creek.
- Holds or is retired from an executive position with discretionary authority in any worthy and recognized business or profession and/or community volunteer work.
Membership in the Rossmoor Rotary Club is by invitation. If you are interested in learning more, please ask a current member, or email Jim Olson, Membership Chair.
See what some current Rotarians say about Rotary.
- Friendship – Rotary provides two of the basic human needs: friends and fellowship.
- Personal Growth – Rotary allows you continued growth in human relations and personal development.
- Leadership Development – Rotary is made up of a group of leaders. Serving in Rotary is like a college education in leadership.
- OnGoing Education – Every week you hear a new speaker. You learn about Rossmoor, California, Contra Costa County, the USA and World.
- Fun – Rotary is fun! Club meetings are fun! Club projects are fun! Raising funds for worthy causes is fun!
- Improved Speaking Skills – Public Speaking is the single biggest phobia in our society. Rotary provides an avenue to improve your speaking skills.
- World Citizenship – Rotary has 1.2 million members, about 32,000 clubs, in more than 200 countries.
- Go to any Club in the world and you are treated as an important friend.
- Youth Programs – Rossmoor Rotary has a new group of young members and activities. Rotary at large has high school Interact clubs, Youth Exchange Programs, and Camp Royal Leadership program locally.
- Code of Ethics – Rotarians live by the 4-Way Test.
- Is it the TRUTH ?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOOD WILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Imagine a world where everyone did this?
- Cultural Awareness – Rotarians come from a cross-section of every conceivable background whether it be religious, political, ethnic, etc. Rossmoor has a new membership program with emphasis on Youth and Diversity.
- Opportunity to Serve – The product of Rotary is SERVICE Locally and Internationally. This is the best reason to join! A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE ELSE!